Thursday, July 17, 2014

Silver Surfer #4 by Dan Slott, Mike Allred & Laura Allred

Look how cute Rocket Raccoon!
Wholey!  They just had to throw the Guardians of the Galaxy in there. Well, what with the new television show and people all a twitter (literally on twitter) about Rocket Raccoon, I'm sure Marvel had it in the contract. However, Slott worked it into the plot in yet another instance of his humorous genius.

There are so many little gems hidden in the panels of this issue. So much that I kept giggling and squinting my eyes at the silliness. I loved it. Slott's humor appeals to me, but we know this already. Allred's silent contributions to the background of certain panels contains the secrets to what will happen in the next issue. Make sure you really look at the backgrounds! Some of it is more obvious than others.

I really liked this issue but I'm already spoiling it. So many cute little jokes from Slott. So much fun and in this issue, Slott references other events from the Marvel Universe so it appears he is staying with traditional cannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment