Sunday, December 30, 2012

"EDEN" Volume 1 by Hiroki Endo

First off, I'll say that I find this art style interesting. The characters are not drawn as stark and gaunt as the typical manga I've read and the edges seem more rounded out. I like it. Eden, is a post-apocalyptic story about two young survivors of a plague that has wiped out the majority of the human race. The two main characters Enoah & Hannah appear immune to turning into human statues with liquefied insides. The story ends up being about the offspring of Enoah and Hannah who's name is Elijah. He roams around with a robot called Cherubim which his father got up and running in his own youth. Things get rocky when Elijah runs into a nomadic group travelling with a cybernetic pre-pubescent girl who happens to actually be 41.

I really like how all the flashback scenes are done in black background pages. It makes it really easy to tell the flashbacks from the present. I like easy. I'm kind of thick in the head. Luckily I have the second volume so I can start right back into the story any time I feel so inclined. Dunno what I'll read next though..


No comments:

Post a Comment