Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Logan Legacy #2 : X-23 Dealing with Death

Wow, I actually didn't hate it. HA! Tim Seeley, excellent artist took on comic book role of writer for this one and manages to entertain me with a character I don't even particularly like. Best known to me for his work on Revival (which I'm actually a very big fan of despite waiting on trades), flexes his fingers over this short story and shows X-23 clubbing it in Toronto. Gotta love the Canadian influence. Well, I suppose I'm biased. BUT we do get to see a member of Alpha Flight. I won't spoil it for you.

I am actually happy that this series has changed up the artist. Color artist Oback remains but that wasn't my problem with issue one. If you had read my review, I was pretty disgusted with the work and whatever was going on with Sabertooth's head. That's not to say that I'm in love with the artwork from Kristantina, I'm not. It's not the type of artwork that impresses me but she clearly has talent. The cover of issue 2 is a VAST improvement from issue one. I mean, comparing the two, what were they thinking??? Issue two is quite lovely and I enjoy the coloring.

All in all, I was shocked that this issue was actually readable for me. I can't stand X-23 although she did praddle on a few times about her past, teh, Seeley did manage to get a few giggles out of me through some of her dialog. I wonder what's in store for next week's issue 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment