Friday, April 5, 2013

The Hollows issue #2

written by Chris Ryall
art by THE MOST AWESOME SAM KIETH!!!

Well, we all know how much I love Sam Kieth and always have. I'm sadly behind in the series due to a mix-up with my subscriptions but ALEX HALL has assured me that he can get the issues I've missed. Hurray!! Thank Alex & Quantum Frontier!

Post-apocalyptic Earth is full of life-force sucking... zombies? They are known as Hollows. Humanity seems fairly incapable of quelling the monsters so they take to the high ground. They live in gigantic trees! The lead character develops a way to deal with these creatures.. a nice new extinguisher, as he calls it. Not too much happens in this little issue but it's brilliantly drawn. I love the colour tones Kieth has used. They echo the despair of a desecrated Earth. I mean, look at the cover... there's more colour in that cover than in the whole issue except for the funny, little pink character named "Urp". He's so cute!

I'm really excited for the next 2 issues which are available but I do not currently have. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment