Saturday, May 3, 2014

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!

It's Free Comic Book Day and I got a lot of random stuff. I got a lot of Brian K. Vaughn trades, mostly stuff I've always read but wanted to own. I completed  my collection of Y The Last Man at a discounted price. I did get a copy of Pride of Baghdad which I have yet to read! I got some great Vertigo titles actually, including Scalped! Also lucked into out of print copies of Junji Ito's Gyo!! (Can't you just taste my excitement?!) That was amazing! Six volumes of Scott Pilgrim for 30 bucks and a slew of other things.

I took a look at the free-bees and there wasn't much I wanted to pick-up. Mostly kids stuff there and I like to leave that for the kids. There were a lot of kids. Always are at these things. I grabbed a copy of Entropy which is a new title from Epic Center Comics. I'll post a not so flattering review of that sometime this weekend.

I visited two local stores, Monster Comic Lounge and Quantum Frontier. All in all, I'm extremely happy with my finds. Note the picture, ridiculous face. That's me hugging the Junji Ito books. Along with that I got an incredible amount of emails recently from a slew of artists, writers and comic book labels ! I have plenty of digital copies to read and review this week but please, as always, feel free to send me your work. I will read it.

In addition to all this I have some interviews coming up!! Very exciting times here for me in comic book heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment