Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Neverboy #5

This is such a strange story but it feels so familiar. It reminds me a lot of some old Sandman stories. Partially due to Tyler Jenkins artwork which has this timeless quality that I feel when I'm reading old Sandman stories. It's actually how Jenkins draws his characters that remind me of a couple sandman stories actually, it's not at all the content of THIS particular story which yes granted would fit well in the Sandman universe considering imaginary characters are entering the real world...

So this issue of Neverboy is out July 1st. I read it last night and I really feel like this issue is the best of them yet. You get a much clearer picture of what is going on, not to mention the motivations of crazy artist Julian Drag as he destroys the world of imagination. Also, it should be mentioned that Fantasy Girl is adorable and I would cosplay her if she wasn't already, kind of a character in cosplay.

Sadly Neverboy ends next month with the final issue. I hate when I fall in love with something and it ends so quickly but it's better than carrying on forever and becoming unreadable...*coughTheWalkingDeadcough* (sorry about that, there's a reason I'm two issues behind..). I really want to get my hands on more of Jenkin's work. I hope his next project is as pleasing to me as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment