Friday, August 15, 2014

Shutter #5

The more Shutter I read, the more Shutter I need to read. Shutter is one of the few series that I actually feel satisfied with after each single. Sometimes I feel cheated after reading a single, as if didn't contain any actual story or developments but Shutter always gives you something to make you feel full. With issue five we finally we get to meet one of the siblings. That's right! Don't forget there are siblings PLURAL. We don't know how many there are. More interesting is that we finally get to find out what happened to Kate's father!

Art-wise, I think this is my favorite issue. I suppose that's because of the last few panels. They're so exciting! Not to mention the crazy tentacles. At least I guess that's the best way to describe them.. and look at me, I'm giving it all away!

I was trying to dissect what I like about the story so much. I guess what keeps me reading is that I actually really like the main character. It's sort of a first for me. I generally dislike main characters but I like Kate because she's trying to move on with her life. Or so she thought she had. Her past keeps chasing after her and she's not having it.She left behind all her adventure ways and made a new life for herself. I respect that. I suppose her attitude also appeals to me as well. Her resistance to being drawn back into the environment she obviously has negative feelings about. I can relate. I bet a lot of people can. Plus, she's really bad-ass. I think Shutter might be the first comic I've read where the hero spends the majority of it in a cast and sling. HA! I think that's pretty brilliant actually, who does that?

No comments:

Post a Comment