Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Royal Jelly: Feb 11th 2015

As you can tell, I'm being a tad lazy with this today. In all honesty, I've just been really busy. There are actually more hardcover novels that I want than floppies this week. I've already read a few of them however.

Floppies:
DARK HORSE COMICS,Usagi Yojimbo #1 (1 For $1 Edition)
IMAGE COMICS,Empty #1
IMAGE COMICS,Shutter #9
IMAGE COMICS,Walking Dead #13
MARVEL COMICS,Thor #5
MARVEL COMICS,Wolverines #6

Trades:
IMAGE COMICS,Starlight Volume 1 TP
DC COMICS,Hellblazer Volume 10 In The Line Of Fire TP

HC:
MAGNETIC PRESS,Daomu HC
FIRST SECOND,Sculptor HC
GINGKO PRESS,Banksy In New York HC
VANGUARD PRODUCTIONS,Wally Wood Torrid Romances HC

Mentionables: MARVEL COMICS,Darth Vader #1


My quick breakdown: In the floppies department, we got more Shutter! I'm still completely in love with this series. I think it's about time for a second interview with those cats. From Image Comics comes a new series called The Empty. I've had the opportunity to read the first two issues so stayed tuned for something special tomorrow morning.

With Marvel we are still wondering who this female Thor is! It's been confirmed in issue #4 that it is NOT Thor's Mother. Apparently we know her though...

For trades we have Starlight from Goran Parlov and Mark Millar collected! I loved this series to death. You will too. Of course, we have more collected classic Hellblazer coming out with volume 10! DC is trying to get readers hyped because last Friday they announced that there will be another Hellblazer title drawn by the amazing Riley Rossmo. I can't wait.

Magnetic Press releases Chinese sensation Daomu in English, for the first time in a hard cover collected edition. There are some very curious books included some Wally Wood which they gotta publish more of. It's a good week for graphic novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment