Friday, February 27, 2015

Rasputin #5 *SPOILERS*


My love for Rasputin grows with every issue but I'm afraid this story arc has ended.  It ended with uncertainty for the man who claims he knew how he was to die and when. 

Yes well, no one's perfect. Image promises us that it won't be the last we see of Rasputin. They give us an awesome teaser at the end. The image of Rasputin reclining with a martini glass in a rather modern looking age. We won't be seeing that story arc until the summer. Till then we can reflect on this beautiful book which by the way, is released as a trade paper in April.

If you've been reading this blog at all, you know what a big fan I am of Riley Rossmo's work. I consider Rasputin the pinnacle up to now. Although I reserve my extreme fondness for Seven Sons where Rossmo employed only black ink, I am really impressed with the softness within this book. It's almost as if the colors have transformed the paper into satin. So much passion and yet this soft, delicate color pallet.  I look forward to more. Until then, you've got the trade to look forward too. Also, sorry about the Bon Jovi, it's stuck in my head now too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment