Friday, January 18, 2013

Beyond Kimchee! Korean Food!!


I have been really obsessed with Korean food as of late. I make a giant jar of kimchi once a week and I'm obsessed with gochujang and bean paste. That being said, I have a lot of experience with Asian cuisine but I pretty much ignored Korea until recently. Wow, I was missing A LOT!
So that means this entry is not about comics. It's about Korean food! I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce a blog I've come to love called "Beyond Kimchi".
Blogger Holly has lived in several different places in Korea. Each of her recipes has a charming story about it's origins and memories she associates with the dish while growing up. She started the blog as a away to put up her recipes for her children and it gained so much popularity she started her own online store. There are so many recipes on her blog that I'm dying to make! I still don't know how I feel about the Korean fiddleheads. They're brown and I've only ever seen the preserved kind here in our stores which look kinda questionable. But there are substitutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment