Monday, June 30, 2014

Outcast #1 by Robert Kirkman & Paul Azaceta

So apparently Kirkman believes in possession and exorcism. That's what happens when you grow up down south I suppose. Like The Walking Dead, Outcast also takes place in the relatively same area, down south. Although West Virginia over Atlanta.

I find it a little messed up that anyone can believe in possession but perhaps that's due to the fact that I don't really believe in anything. That being said, everyone knows I love a good ghost story and demon possession is pretty high up on the stories I like. This story however, is a little average as of now. It seems to be riding on the skirt of John Constantine and my dear Hellblazer that is no longer in production.

This is a jumbo sized first issue. More pages than normally printed. Yet I don't feel like I'm any more or less excited about the story. On top of it, the artwork isn't really my thing. It's not bad, it's just not my thing. We know this by now.

It's interesting to me that this issue sold out at the distributor level before it was even released. I guess everyone expects great things from Kirkman. I'm really not the type of person who assumes a book is going to be amazing just because of previous releases. I certainly will give anything a try however.

So, is Outcast going to be a regular purchase for me? Honestly, right now I really don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment