Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pretty Deadly #4 by Kelly Sue DeConnick & Emma Ríos

A bit of direction has materialized with issue #4 and it feels as if the book is now truly beginning. Sissy is in the hands of  Coyote and Fox fesses up to Sissy's true lineage.

Oh whole thus far, the book has been pacing itself, letting a dead rabbit and a butterfly lead us in cryptic narration. It was pretty cute (how morbid am I that I think a dead rabbit makes a cute narrator?). Yet I can feel this story becoming more cohesive and all the pieces fitting together where up until now, they felt jumbled.

I've said it before, but I might as well say it again, the artwork is gorgeous. It's so up my alley and the whimsy I experience while reading it is not unlike the first time I read the Sandman series. Which may speak more about the metaphor and symbolism spattered throughout, than the actual art.

I look forward to seeing where the author takes the story from here on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment