Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Royal Jelly: March 24th 2015

Floppies:
Arkham Manor # 6 (of 6)
D4VE #2
Curb Stomp #2 (of 4)
The Empty #2
Jem & The Holograms #1
Nightbreed #11
Multiversity Ultra #1
Rumble #4
Walking Dead #139
We Can Never Go Home #1
Wytches #5

TP:
Low TP

OGN:
Angel of Elhamburg GN Vol 1

HC:
Gyo Deluxe HC

It's a pretty exciting week! As far as floppies go, we've got the continuation of some great series like D4VE, which found a special place in my heart. The Empty continues this week with it's second issue along with Curb Stomp. I encourage you each to check these out immediately!! You know, before you can't get a copy.

From Black Mask Comics we have  a new debut series called We Can Never Go Home. See all the details and my full review of it HERE.

One new series I'm excited about is Jem and the Holograms! I've been posting pictures on facebook about this for months. IDW is releasing this monster tomorrow from creative team Kelly Thompson and Ross Campbell. I'm pretty much expecting this to be an adult version of my one of my favorite childhood cartoons. It's been explained that the sexuality of the characters isn't typical or linear so I'm excited to see what's what. I'm hoping this will be a modern and inclusive story!

For all you DC fans out there, I'm sad to let you know that the conclusion of Arkham Manor is out this week! I've really enjoyed this mini. I hope to see more of Shawn Crystal illustrating my favorite DC characters soon!

From the world of manga there's a new series being released to us English mouthers. Manga sensation Aki's The Angel of Elhamburg. I'm excited about this medival type story because it unfolds through the eyes of an angel. You probably remember my obsession with Angel Sanctuary.
In addition, my favorite manga writer and artist Junji Ito's marine & body gore horror Gyo is being released in a hardcover deluxe edition. If you loved Uzemaki,you'll love Gyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment