Sunday, November 2, 2014

Dark Gods #1

I picked this up on a total whim. I am familiar with Justin Jordan and the artwork interested me. I flipped through in the comic shop and decided, why not! A few of the Image mini series I've been reading are about to end. Time to find some new series to enjoy.

Dark Gods comes at us from Avatar Press and fits into the horror genre. The plot starts out with a corporate spy who might have bitten off more than he can chew as he's quickly thrown to the wolves. By wolves, I mean giant, human-monster-vampire-like things. Honestly, I'm leaning towards vampire with a wee bit of zombie thrown in the mix. Obviously, some sort of demon.  German Erramouspe brings horrifically detailed pictures of the gore. I think that's what got me, not to mention the historic panels starting from the beginning of time.

The action starts pretty swiftly in this issue so it's my type of book. Waiting there on the last page is the first glimpse of our kick-ass female hero. I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment