Friday, August 29, 2014

Silver Surfer #5

The "tomee" jokes get me every time. Thank you Dan Slott. Although I start going off in my head about Junji Ito's Tome series. Anyway back on topic, I'm always happy after reading Silver Surfer. It's so "everyone" friendly and Dan Slott genuinely makes me giggle. He gives enough of the story in each issue to make your monthly wait worth it. Not a lot of writers can do that. To me, (hehe) it's one of the most difficult things to achieve with a monthly serial. It's such an easy series to dive into, I have been recommending the series to people of all ages who want to get into superhero comics.

This issue explains the strange happenings on Earth at the Greenwood Inn.  It becomes a bit of a Defenders reunion when Hulk and Dr Strange stop by to help solve the mystery. Namor being one of the original Defenders who didn't show up for this issue. I guess he's somewhere with the New Avengers being told what to do by Jonathan Hickman.
 
I think the best part of this issue, is that it wraps up the story arc nicely while paving the way for a new adventure. I like this that continue seamlessly while still ending certain events with some finality. There is a specific way I like my "monster of the week". So the story could go absolutely anywhere now!

No comments:

Post a Comment