Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Trillium: Volume 6 by Jeff Lemire *Spoilers*

I was becoming a little bored with Trillium so I delayed reading this issue. I don't know what it was, maybe the pace of the releases or maybe I just prefer Jeff Lemire's more realistic work. He's always dabbled in altered realities, but the stories were mostly rooted in OUR reality. Sweet Tooth was the post-apocalypse story that really began Lemire's diversion from Earth as we know it. I loved Sweet Tooth. I've pretty much loved everything Lemire has created. I wasn't sure anymore about Trillium, until I opened this issue.

I'm happy to say that I am excited to read the next book. When our Nika switched places with William, I was a little annoyed. Maybe a little bored? I knew they would both struggle to get back to the pyramid/temple and reclaim their rightful lives. Unfortunately for both of our heroes, they are unable to switch back. The pyramid has collapsed. I'm interested again. I didn't want it to be easy so now I would like to see how Lemire intends to write our people out of this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment