Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pretty Deadly: issues 1 to 3 by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Ríos

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite new series although I must say right away, that the narrative is a little hard to follow at first. We have more than one narrator in the story and that makes things slightly confusing. Especially when you consider that two of your narrators happen to be a butterfly and another, an undead set of rabbit bones. Which also happen to be my favorite narrators.


The artwork is brilliant. I love the pink color scheme. Some of the artwork began to remind me of early Sandman. Emma Rios is quickly finding a special place in my heart next to Fiona Staples. Art work is so important to me in comics. Some people can read a great story that happens to be accompanied by mediocre visuals but not me. If I can't get into the artwork, then the book is forgettable. 

So far, I haven't really found a character that I really want to see through to the end. I won't lose heart though, sometimes it takes me around 4 to 5 issue before I've found my hero (or anti-hero, or villain). I see a lot of potential here so I'll find her or him... or it.... lol. Maybe it's the bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment