Sunday, December 2, 2012

Yotsuba&I Volume 2 by Kiyohiko Azuma

Soooooo this is incredibly adorable! Yotsuba is written by Kiyohiko Azuma who also did "Azu Manga Dioh" which I loved. I mean LOVED. The humour and cuteness!??! OMG. Okay I'll stop talking like a child. This is the 2nd volume. Apparently they can be read out of order since each chapter is a little short story. The story follows the daily life of Yotsuba, this crazy little girl who lives with her father. I loved the first little story is my favourite in the volume. Yotsuba is drawing pictures with her neighbors and one of them tells her honestly that she's not very good. Hurt feelings descends and Yotsuba runs into her fathers best friend who she calls "Jumbo" on account of his stature. She shows him a drawing which he tells her is very good and the neighbours agree that they had misspoke the first time. But the best part is when the neighbour's kids mother comes home and sees a chalk drawing that Yotsuba made in the driveway. It's the outline of Jumbo and she basically is like "what the fuck is that?". At any rate, I will definitely be picking up the other volumes. It's so cute.. so is the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment