Sunday, December 2, 2012

Key to the Kingdom by Kyoto Shitou

So this was one of my .80 cent finds from Strange Adventures last weekend. I read it on Saturday, so this is a little late. Hmm What did I think of this?? Well it had some striking resemblances to my favourite anime/manga Escaflowne. The whole bit about the dragon hearts and dragon people. Although these dragon people weren't Draconians with angel wings like Escaflowne. The first volume follows the story of a young Prince and the captain of the kings guard, going on an adventure to find the Key to the Kingdom. This is to ensure that they young Prince will succeed to the throne after his fathers death. He has 2 years to find the mysterious Key of legend. All I know is that it has something to do with these Dragon people. Not too much happens in the first Volume. I don't want to give too much away. The only thing I can say, is that I like the Duke's daughter who is a 14 year old sword wielding girl who can also succeed to the thrown if she finds the Key. This is obviously aimed at teenage girls. The men look like pretty women with long flowing hair and as is typical of this kind of manga, I wouldn't be able to tell the male characters from the females if it wasn't the script letting me know. Will I order volume 2? Probably not. It's simply not enticing enough of a story. A little too typical. It's put out under CMX which I believe is owned by DC Comics. Can't really recommend it.. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment